The Membership Advantage
Building on the rich traditions that have shaped the organization since its founding in 1910, the Ohio Fire Chiefs’ Association has evolved into an active, powerful organization that still serves its original intent – working for the benefit of Ohio’s fire and emergency services and the development of Ohio’s fire officers.
From award-winning leadership development to advocating issues of interest in the legislative and regulatory arenas to providing timely pertinent information, the Ohio Fire Chiefs’ Association provides the resources that every one of its 1500+ members needs to succeed.
You add your voice when you join the Ohio Fire Chiefs’ Association, and this chorus speaks volumes. Our members, as a cohesive group, have advocated:
- A comprehensive fire code that protects our communities and their residents;
- The Association taking a leading role for the fire service in our state’s Homeland Security efforts and funding;
- Codes and regulations that ensure fire department and personnel safety in a realistic context;
- A call for ongoing education for not only emergency medical responders but also firefighters;
- Education that prepares current fire department leaders to address today’s issues while training tomorrow’s leaders to step forward;
- Effective use of electronic communications and the Internet to disseminate information quickly and efficiently;
- Conferences and seminars that answer the need for current thinking in fire department management and allow time for networking and problem solving.
Your membership in the Ohio Fire Chiefs’ Association includes membership in the Ohio Fire & Emergency Services Foundation, the charitable arm of the Association that offers educational seminars, the Ohio Fire Executive program, a Fellows program and scholarship program. The Foundation has a full range of programs and services to choose from to meet your particular interests and needs.
24-7 Online Membership Access
Members can access their records online to:
- Make changes to your address, phone, fax or email
- Register and pay for events
- Pay dues
- View payment, registration, and invoice history
- View event rosters
- View and track CEU information